Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
You can control whether or not users who are not community members can comment in forums in public or moderated communities by editing settings in the forum-config.xml
To let users who are not community members comment in forums in public or moderated communities, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Administering Communities
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the Deployment Manager:
is the WebSphere
Application Server installation directory and dm_profile_root
is the Deployment Manager profile directory, typically dmgr01.
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Start the Forums Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Forums configuration files:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Forums configuration files using the following command:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Open the forum-config.xml file using a text editor.
- Edit the <enableNonMembercontributor> element in the <deployment> section of the file to let users who are not community members comment in forums in public or moderated communities. The default value is false.
For example, to set the value to true, you edit the file as follows:
<deployment enableCategory="false" enableLotusLive="false" enableNonMemberContributor="true"/>
- Save your changes and close the forum-config.xml file.
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in, and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes in Forums for information about how to save and apply your changes.