Assigning people to J2EE rolesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Assign roles for IBM® Connections users on WebSphere® Application Server.
About this task
for definitions of the different available roles.
To assign a person or group to a role, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: Roles
Post-migration step for status updates
Administering activity stream search
- From the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, expand Applications -> Application Types, and then select WebSphere enterprise applications. Find and click the link to the application that you want to configure.
- Click Security role to user/group mapping. Find the role that want to add users to.
- Select the check box next to the role that you want to assign, and then click Map users or Map groups.
- In the Search String box, type the name of the person or group that you would like to assign to this role, and then click Search. If the user or group exists in the directory, it is found and displayed in the Available list.
- Select the user or group name from the Available box, and then move it into the Selected column by clicking the right arrow button.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to add more users to the role.
- Click OK.
- To map a user or group to a different role for another application, repeat steps 1–7.
- After making your changes, click OK, and then click Save to save them.
- Synchronize and restart all your WebSphere Application Server instances.