Before you begin
You must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client to check out the file. For information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool, see the Starting the wsadmin client
About this task
To edit Mobile configuration properties, complete the following steps:
- Start the wsadmin client.
- Start the Files Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Mobile configuration file:
If you are asked to select a server, you can select any server.
- Check out the Mobile configuration file using the following command:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Create a backup copy of the file.
- Edit the file in a text editor.
- Save your changes and check the file in.
- Synchronize the nodes in your deployment.
- Restart the application server that hosts the Mobile application.
What to do next
You must check the configuration files back in after making changes, and they must be checked in during the same wsadmin session in which they were checked out.
Parent topic: Administering Mobile
Configuring security for mobile
How do I enable the mobile version?
Starting the wsadmin client
Enabling mobile security management
Mobile configuration properties
Mobile reference card for IBM Connections 4.0