Changing Wikis configuration property valuesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Configuration properties control how and when various Wikis operations take place. You can edit the properties to change the ways that Wikis operates.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
In the client, you access scripts that use the AdminConfig object to interact with the configuration file. After changing the configuration properties, you must synchronize nodes and restart the Wikis server before the changes take effect.
To edit Wikis configuration properties, complete the following steps:
- Start the wsadmin client.
- Start the Wikis Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Wikis configuration files:
If you are asked to select a server, you can select any server.
- Check out the Wikis configuration files using the following command:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Optional: To view a list of the valid Wikis configuration settings and their current values, use the following command:
Here is some sample output from the WikisConfigService.showConfig()
Wikis configuration properties:
security.logout.href = /wikis/ibm_security_logout
activeContentFilter.enabled = true
cache.user.timeout = 43200000
cache.http.publicContentMaxAgeInSecs = 604800
db.dialect = DB2
- Some properties must be edited using the wsadmin client; others can only be edited by editing the configuration XML file directly. To change a Wikis configuration setting, do one of the following:
Optional: Repeat step 4 for each single-value property setting that you want to change.
Optional: After updating the Wikis properties with new values, use the WikisConfigService.showConfig() command to display the list of properties and their updated values. These are the values that will be checked in with the WikisConfigService.checkInConfig() command.
- To edit a property using the wsadmin client, use the following command:
is one of the editable Wikis configuration properties and value
is the new value with which you want to set that property. See Wikis configuration properties
for a complete list of editable properties. For example:
- To edit the value of a property in a configuration file directly, from the temporary directory to which you checked it out, open the file in a text editor, and then make your changes.
What to do next
You must check the configuration files back in after making changes, and they must be checked in during the same wsadmin session in which they were checked out for the changes to take effect. See the topic Applying Wikis property changes
Wikis configuration propertiesParent topic: Administering Wikis
Starting the wsadmin client
Changing application URLs
Configuration properties control how and when various Wikis operations take place, and also help in the optimization of server performance. They require a Wikis server restart to take effect.
Configuring MIME types for Wikis
You can assign Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) types to file extensions. This applies to files attachments uploaded to wiki pages.
Applying Wikis property changes
After you have edited the Wikis configuration properties, check the changed configuration file in, update the version stamp property, and restart the servers to apply the changes.