Changing the location of the Search indexAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|By default, the Search index is stored in the search/index subdirectory of the IBM® Connections data directory defined at install time, for example, on Linux®, /opt/IBM/Connections/data/local/search/index. This location can be changed by editing the IBM WebSphere® Application Server variable, SEARCH_INDEX_DIR.
About this task
Each node running the Search application requires its own dedicated index on the file system. Using a Search index on a network share is not supported. Highly-available network storage, such as a storage area network (SAN), can be used but it must be configured to be locally mounted to each node running the Search application.
Changing the value of the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR variable causes the next indexing task that fires to index all content from the beginning, so that the task creates a clean index. This operation might take some time to complete.
To change the location of the Search index, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Index settings
Managing the Search index
The indexing process
Creating Search indexes
Changing WebSphere Application Server environment variables
Initializing the Search index
WebSphere Application Server environment variables
- Launch the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console.
- Select Environment -> WebSphere variables.
- Select the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR environment variable from the list of defined variables.
Depending on your deployment choices, there might be more than one SEARCH_INDEX_DIR variable defined. It is recommended that you have consistent locations for the Search index directory across the nodes in your deployment.
- Change all the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR variables by selecting each variable, entering a new location for the variable in the Value field, and then clicking OK.
- Save your changes to the configuration.
- Restart the Search server or servers for your changes to take effect.