Changing the save frequency of entriesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Edit configuration property settings to change how frequently work in activity entries is automatically saved.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
About this task
As users create or edit entries, their work is automatically saved every 5 minutes, unless you change the interval. If users leave an entry in an unsaved state when they accidentally close their browser, the next time they log in, a notification appears in the My Activities view reminding them that they have an unsaved entry. Autosave is not meant for backing up. This feature is provided to help you recover from unexpected events.
To change how frequently their work is automatically saved, complete the following steps
Parent topic: Changing Activities configuration property values
Previous topic: Applying property changes in Activities
- Use the wsadmin client to access and check out the Activities configuration files.
- Use the following command to access the Activities configuration file:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Activities configuration files using the following command:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Microsoft Windows:
- From the temporary directory to which you just checked out the oa-config.xml file, open the file in a text editor.
- Edit the elements in the file to set how frequently entries are automatically saved. The save interval is in minutes.
Deleting this element does not turn off the autosave feature. If you delete the element, entries are saved at the default interval of 5 minutes.
- Save and close the oa-config.xml file.
- After editing, you must check the configuration files back in. You must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. You must also restart the server. See Applying property changes for details.
- After restarting the Activities server, review the WebSphere Application Server SystemOut.log file to ensure that the Activities application was able to initialize with the modified configuration.