About this task
Use the Cognos
Configuration tool to specify settings that enable Cognos
BI Server to operate with IBM
Configuration tool provides a graphical user interface. If your IBM AIX
® or Linux
™ server does not support a graphical user interface, see the topic Configuring HTTP manually for Cognos BI Server
for instructions on configuring these settings manually.
- Start the Cognos Configuration Tool:
- Navigate to the /bin64 directory of the Cognos BI server installation directory.
- IBM AIX, Linux: /opt/IBM/CognosBI/bin64/
- Microsoft™ Windows™: C:\IBM\CognosBI\bin64
- Start the Cognos Configuration tool by running the following command:
Expand Local Configuration -> Environment and edit the URLs for the following properties by removing any reference to ports 908x and replacing them with port 80:
- AIX, Linux: ./cogconfig.sh
- Windows: cogconfigw.exe
Save your changes.
Exit the Cognos Configuration tool, making sure to select No at the following prompt:
The URLs must be updated to point to the HTTP server's host name and port number. The port number must be included even if it's the standard port 80.
- Gateway Settings
In this section, change only the "Dispatch URIs for gateway" attribute.
- Other URI Settings
In this section, change only the "Dispatcher URI for external applications" attribute.
The service 'IBM Cognos' is not running on the local computer. Before you can use it your computer must start the service. Do you want to start this service before exiting?
Restart the Cognos server:
- Stop the IBM WebSphere® Application Server that hosts the Cognos server.
- Wait at least 1 full minute to ensure that all Cognos processes have stopped:
Start WebSphere Application Server.
Start the Cognos server.
- AIX or Linux: cgsServer.sh and CAM_LPSvr processes
- Windows: cgsLauncher.exe and CAM_LPSvr processes
Parent topic: Configuring Cognos Business Intelligence to use IBM HTTP Server
Next topic: Configuring Cognos Transformer to use HTTP