Configuring Linked LibrariesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Configure the behavior of community Linked Library widgets by checking out library-config.xml and editing it directly.
Check out the library-config.xml file, edit configuration properties, and then check the file back in.
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the Deployment Manager:
is the WebSphere
® Application Server installation directory and dm_profile_root
is the Deployment Manager profile directory, typically dmgr01.
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Use the wsadmin client to access and check out the configuration file:
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration files: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored. This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
- Enter the following command to check out the library-config.xml configuration file:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, type the following command while in the wsadmin command processor:print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:LCConfigService.checkOutLibraryConfig("/opt/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:LCConfigService.checkOutLibraryConfig("c:/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Open library-config.xml in an editor.
- Edit any of the following configuration properties:
|displayPersonCard||Specifies whether to display the person card for the ECM users. If IBM Connections and ECM users don't have matching email addresses it is recommended that you set this to false.|
Note: If the exposeEmail property in the LotusConnections-config.xml file is set to false, Linked Library widgets will not display person cards regardless of how you specify the displayPersonCard property. See Changing Communities configuration property values for information on checking out LotusConnections-config.xml and finding out the current value of a property in that file.
|roundTripEdit||Specifies whether to allow round-trip editing through the Connectors. Disable this feature in environments where the Connectors will not be installed on desktop clients.|
|downloadThruProxy||Specifies whether to download files through the common proxy or directly from the ECM server. Downloading through the proxy means more traffic through the proxy, but does not require users to re-authenticate to download in environments where SSO is not enabled.|
|openInActionAsLink||Specifies whether to show the Open in repository link on the document summary page, or as an action button in the toolbar. Add this action to the toolbar makes it more easily accessible. Add it there if you think users will frequently use the ECM interface to perform advanced features.|
|allowCheckForConnections||Specifies whether to allow checks for the existence of the Connectors on client machines. This configuration option will only take effect if the roundTripEdit option is enabled (set to true). Disabling this feature will make round trip editing features available for users whether or not they have the Connectors installed on their client machine. This could cause unexpected behavior on machines where the clients are not installed. It is only recommended that you disable this feature in environments where all client machines will have the Connectors installed.|
|displayViews||Specifies whether to display the Views dropdown on the main document list. This dropdown will show all of the ECM views that can be shown. Note that these views may not be scoped to the library that the user is connected to.|
|uploadTimeout||Specifies the number of seconds to wait before a timeout occurs that ends a file upload attempt.|
Note: Think carefully about editing this property, as is used by both Linked Library and Media Gallery widgets.
- To check in the changed library-config.xml file, use the following command:
- After making updates, type the following command to deploy the changes:
- To exit the wsadmin client, type exit at the prompt.
- Stop and restart all of the IBM Connections application servers.
What to do next
You must check the configuration files back in after making changes, and they must be checked in during the same wsadmin session in which they were checked out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes
Parent topic: Managing Linked Libraries
Configuring media galleries
Applying property changes in Communities
Changing Communities configuration property values