Before you begin
® Connections administrators must be dedicated users. Their only purpose should be application administration.
Only a Blogs administrator can configure a Blogs Homepage blog, which is required for Blogs. See Managing the Homepage blog
You can also create administrators to managing application content. See the topic Administering application content
About this task
Create administrators in the WebSphere
® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console.
To configure administrative access to an application, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: Administering Blogs from the User Interface
- From the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, select Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Find and click the link to the application that you want to configure. For example, click Blogs.
- Click the Security role to user/group mapping link.
- To map a user to the administrative role, select the check box beside the admin role and then click Map Users.
- In the Search String box, type the name of the person whom you would like to set as an administrator, and then click Search. If the user exists in the LDAP directory, it is found and displayed in the Available list.
- Select the name from the Available box, and then move it into the Selected column by clicking the right arrow button.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to add more users to the administrative role.
- Click OK.
- From the Enterprise Applications -> Blogs -> Security role to user/group mapping page, click OK, and then click Save to save the changes.
- Synchronize and restart all your WebSphere Application Server instances.