About this task
When you install the IBM
Connections connector for Lotus Quickr
, you can specify whether to enable support for Lotus Quickr
wiki and team place templates. The installer then updates the communities-quickr-config.xml
configuration file with this information. If you want to change the roles associated with a Lotus Quickr
place type, you can do so by editing the configuration file. For example, you might want to configure settings so that when your users create a Lotus Quickr
place that is associated with a community, the owners of the community are also owners of the Lotus Quickr
For more information about editing settings in the communities-quickr-config.xml
file, see Editing the Lotus Quickr configuration file
To edit the roles associated with Lotus Quickr
place types, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: IBM Connections Connector for Lotus Quickr
Editing the Lotus Quickr configuration file
- Use a text editor to open the communities-quickr-config.xml file from the following location on the file system of the Deployment Manager:
- Look for the section of the file that lists the <comm:QuickrPlaceType> entries and update the values of the <comm:ownersRole>, <comm:membersRole>, and <comm:publicRole> elements for each entry as required.
The following code is just one example of a <comm:QuickrPlaceType> entry.
<comm:QuickrPlaceType name="DominoTeamspace" enabled="true">
The following roles are supported.
- Lotus Quickr services for Lotus Domino®:
- Lotus Quickr services for WebSphere® Portal:
If anonymous access is not allowed, the <comm:publicRole> element should be omitted or left empty.
- Save your changes and then apply them by doing the following:
- Log in to the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console for the Deployment Manager.
- Select System administration -> Nodes, select all the nodes, and then click Full Resynchronize.
- From the main Integrated Solutions Console page, select Servers -> Clusters.
- Select the check box for the cluster containing the nodes that have been updated, and then click Stop.
- Select the cluster and click Start.