Using the Mobile Administration console, you can control which users and mobile devices can access your IBM
® Connections servers. In addition to denying access to specific users or specific devices, you can wipe Connections data from devices, restore access to users or devices, and set password policies.
- Use this built-in security management capability if you do not already have a security management solution for mobile devices.
- For information about client certificate authentication (also known as two factor authentication), go to the Configuring access with client certificates topic in the IBM Connections 4.5 product documentation wiki.
Ensure that you created the database for the Mobile application. Verify that the database exists by completing the following steps:
- Log in to the WebSphere® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console on the system that hosts the Deployment Manager.
- Click Resources -> JDBC -> Data sources.
- Search the page for the mobile data source. If it is not present, install the MOBILE database. For more information, see the Creating databases with the database wizard topic.
When a device connects to an IBM
Connections server, it is automatically registered in the MOBILE database. You can view the inventory of every device and user that accessed the IBM
Connections Mobile application. For more information, see the User and device data
If a device that connects to a 4.0 server uses a version of the native app that is earlier than the latest release, the user is prompted to update the app.
You can view the security and ID details of each registered device by clicking the device entry in the console. The audit history also shows who issued requests for changes to access and other configuration settings.
Some operating systems provide different capabilities for security management of devices:
Parent topic: Administering Mobile
How do I enable the mobile version?
Changing Mobile configuration property values
Creating databases with the database wizard
Mobile configuration properties
Mobile reference card for IBM Connections 4.0