Before you begin
® Connections administrators must be dedicated users. Their only purpose should be application administration.
About this task
Only a Home page administrator can add, remove, enable, or disable widgets on the Home page. For more information, see the Administering the Home page from the user interface
You can also create global administrators for any of the applications, for the purpose of managing content. For more information, see the Administering application content
To configure administrative access to the Home page application, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: Mandatory post-installation tasks
Administering the Home page from the user interface
Administering application content
- Log in to the WebSphere® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console on the Deployment Manager.
- Select Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Click the link to the Home page application.
- Click the Security role to user/group mapping link.
- Select the check box beside the admin role and then click Map Users.
- In the Search String box, type the name of the person whom you would like to set as an administrator, and then click Search. If the user name exists in the LDAP directory, it is found and displayed in the Available box.
- Select the name from the Available box and then move it into the Selected column by clicking the right arrow button.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to add more users to the administrative role.
- Click OK.
- From the Enterprise Applications -> <application> -> Security role to user/group mapping page, click OK and then click Save.
- Synchronize and restart all your WebSphere Application Server instances.