Configuring the size of the community description summaryAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use configuration settings to set the maximum size of a community description summary.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
About this task
The community description summary displays on the Public Communities and My Communities pages.
To set the size of the community description summary, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Administering Communities
Applying property changes in Communities
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the Deployment Manager:
is the WebSphere
Application Server installation directory and dm_profile_root
is the Deployment Manager profile directory, typically dmgr01.
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Start the Communities Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Communities configuration files:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Communities configuration files using the following command:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- To change the size of the community description summary, use the following command:
- property is one of the editable Communities configuration properties.
- value is the new value with which you want to set that property.
The following table displays information regarding the community description summary property and the type of data that you can enter for it.
Table 1. The community description summary property
|descriptionSummary.size||Determines maximum size in characters of a community description summary.|
This property takes an integer value.
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in, and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes in Communities for information about how to save and apply your changes.