About this task
The business card provides a useful snapshot of a user's IBM
® Connections profile information.
The business card provides links to the IBM
Connections applications that are used by the person and allows you to perform a number of actions. For example, if your administrator has configured email addresses to display, you can send an email.
- To access a person's business card, right-click their name in any IBM Connections dialog, or for example the People section, and select View business card.
- Use the business card to perform the following tasks:
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Windows Explorer
- Click the name of a person to open their IBM Connections profile.
- Add the person as a colleague by selecting the Invite to My Network icon, typing an invitation message, and clicking Send invitation.
- Follow a person by selecting the Follow icon. You will receive notifications about this person’s activities.
- Send the person an email by clicking Send E-mail icon.
This option is not available if your administrator has configured IBM Connections to prevent email addresses from being displayed.
- Download a person’s vCard by choosing More Actions -> Download vCard and specify a path where you want to save the vCard.
- Access the applications associated with a person by clicking More Actions and selecting an application. For example, you can view a person’s full profile by clicking Profiles.