Before you begin
Perform this task only on nodes in the Search cluster. If you added a node to an existing cluster, as described in the Adding a node to a cluster
topic, complete this task only if the new node is a member of the Search cluster. References to nodes in the steps of this task apply only to nodes in the Search cluster.
Steps 1-3 and 6-7 are required for all supported operating systems. However, if your deployment has only one node, skip steps 1-3. Steps 4-5 are required only if you are using the AIX
® or Linux
™ operating system.
About this task
The Search conversion tools index Files and Wiki attachments. The tools work best when they are available locally on each node. However, when IBM
® Connections was installed, the conversion tools were deployed on a network share. Therefore, you must copy the tools to each node in the Search cluster.
To copy Search conversion tools to local nodes, complete the following steps:
- Identify the nodes in the Search cluster.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console and click Servers -> Clusters -> WebSphere application server clusters.
- Click cluster_name, where cluster_name is the name of the Search cluster.
- In the Additional Properties area, expand Cluster members and then click Details.
- In the table of cluster members, make a note of the nodes that host the cluster members.
- Copy the shared_data_directory_root/search/stellent directory from the shared content folder to a local directory on each node. Use exactly the same path on each node.
The following path is an example only and might be different on your operating system:
- AIX or Linux: /opt/IBM/Connections/data/local/search/stellent
- Windows: C:\IBM\Connections\data\local\search\stellent
The new directory contains the exporter
- On the Deployment Manager, update the FILE_CONTENT_CONVERSION Websphere variable to point to the exporter file in the local directory on each node.
For example: /opt/IBM/Connections/data/local/search/stellent/dcs/oiexport/exporter
The exporter file must be in the same file path on all nodes.
For more information about WebSphere® variables, see the Changing WebSphere Application Server environment variables topic.
- (AIX and Linux only) Back up the setupCmdLine.sh file on each node. This file is in the app_server_root/AppServer/bin directory.
- (AIX and Linux only) Add the following text to the end of the setupCmdLine.sh file on each node:
- export PATH=$PATH:SearchBinariesHome/dcs/oiexport
where SearchBinariesHome is the path to the directory that you specified in Step 2.
- Choose the option for your operating system:
Restart all node agents.
Restart WebSphere Application Server on each node.
- AIX: export LIBPATH=$LIBPATH:SearchBinariesHome/dcs/oiexport
- Linux: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:SearchBinariesHome/dcs/oiexport
Parent topic: Mandatory post-installation tasks
Adding a node to a cluster
Changing WebSphere Application Server environment variables
Adding an additional Search node to a cluster