About this task
There are two ways to create a bookmark. If you know the URL you want to bookmark, you can click the Public Bookmarks
or My Bookmarks
tab and click the Add a Bookmark
button. Fill in the form to create a bookmark to the URL you specify. If you want to bookmark from a web page you visit, follow the steps to install the browser button so you can easily add a bookmark to a site you want to share or revisit.
- If you have not done so already, install the Add Bookmark browser toolbar button from the Bookmarking Tools link in the footer of the Connections window.
- Open a web page that you want to bookmark.
- Click the Add Bookmark button in the browser toolbar.
- Optional: Enter information for the bookmark such as a description and tags.
- Optional: Select where you want to add the bookmark. Depending on what is deployed in your organization. you can save a bookmark to:
When you add a bookmark to a community, you can specify a message for the community and you can choose to add the bookmark to the community list of important bookmarks.
Specify whether you want the bookmark to be Public, so that other users can see it, or Private, available only to you.
Click Save to add the bookmark to My Bookmarks.
Note: If your organization does not deploy an application, it does not display as an option.
Parent topic: Using