Creating an activity from a templateAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Create an activity from a template when there is a template available that was designed for the goal that you want to accomplish. A template can get you and your team started on a project more quickly and effectively.
Before you begin
You cannot use this procedure to create a community activity. For information about creating a community activity from a template, see Creating a community activity
in the Communities Help.
About this task
To create an activity from a template, complete the following steps:
- Click the Activity Templates tab to see a list of the available templates. Click More after a template title to read its description.
- After you find a template that you want to use, open it if it is not already open, and then click Start an Activity from this Template.
- Add values or change the values of any activity fields that you want to change.
- From the Starting page field, choose which view to display by default when the activity is opened.
- Add members to the activity.
- Select Person, Group, or Community from the Members drop-down list.
- If you want to add a member to a role other than the default role of Author, click the down-arrow next to the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
Can view content and add entries.Owner
Can add content, view and edit all entries, and manage the membership of the activity. Reader
As the creator of the activity, you are automatically added as an owner.
Cannot contribute to an activity; access is restricted to only viewing content.
- Begin typing the name of the community or the name or email address of the person you want to add into the text field. Alternatively, you can search for a particular group by clicking Browse Groups, and then entering a keyword for the group and clicking Find Groups. Click the group you want and then click Add. If the group contains nested groups within it, you can either add the parent group or select a nested group. Use the breadcrumb trail to switch between levels of nested groups
Note: If the product is configured to hide email addresses, then no matches are returned when you type an email address into the field; type person's name instead.
Note: The group feature is available upon request. Contact your administrator for information.
To add a person, group, or community to a role other than the default role of author, click the Author field arrow, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
Click Save to create the activity.
Can view content, add entries, and edit own entries. Owner
Can add content and can view and edit all entries. As the activity creator, you are automatically added to it as an owner.Reader
Cannot contribute to an activity; access is restricted to viewing content only.
Parent topic: Working with activity templates
Starting an activity