Creating an activity template from scratchAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Create an activity template to help yourself and other members of your team to organize the steps and resources involved in completing a common task.
Before you begin
When you create a template from scratch, you are identifying key parts of a process. To create a useful template, you should be familiar with the process or consult with someone who has experience with the process and knows what bookmarks, IBM
® databases, document files, spreadsheets, and presentations are needed by someone who is attempting to complete the process. The template creator should also know the tasks required and the best order in which those tasks should be performed.
About this task
You cannot use this procedure to create a community activity template.
To create a template from scratch, complete the following steps:
- Click the Activity Templates tab.
- Click Create a Template.
- Complete the following fields. None of the fields are required.
Type a title for the template. If you do not provide a title, it is named Untitled by default.Tags
Type one or more keywords that should be associated with activities that are created from this template. When someone creates an activity based on this template, the tags you define here are assigned to the resulting activity. Separate multiple tags with commas.About this template
Type a description of the template. Describe why someone would want to use it.
- Add members to the template.
- Select Person, Group, or Community from the Members drop-down list.
- If you want to add a member to a role other than the default role of Author, click the down-arrow next to the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
Can view content and add entries.Owner
Can add content, view and edit all entries, and manage the membership of the activity. Reader
As the creator of the activity, you are automatically added as an owner.
Cannot contribute to an activity; access is restricted to only viewing content.
- Begin typing the name of the community or the name or email address of the person you want to add into the text field. Alternatively, you can search for a particular group by clicking Browse Groups, and then entering a keyword for the group and clicking Find Groups. Click the group you want and then click Add. If the group contains nested groups within it, you can either add the parent group or select a nested group. Use the breadcrumb trail to switch between levels of nested groups
Note: If the product is configured to hide email addresses, then no matches are returned when you type an email address into the field; type person's name instead.
Note: The group feature is available upon request. Contact your administrator for information.
To add a person, group or community to a role other than the default role of author, click the Author field arrow, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
Repeat the previous two steps to add additional members.
Click Save to create the template.
Seed the template with entries. Add entries to guide users of the template through the process that you designed it for.
Can view content, add entries, and edit own entries. Owner
Can add content and can view and edit all entries. As the activity creator, you are automatically added to it as an owner.Reader
Cannot contribute to an activity; access is restricted to viewing content only.
What to do next
The template is now ready for use. Be the first to put it to the test by creating an activity from the template.
Parent topic: What is an activity template?
What is an activity template?
Creating an activity from a template