About this task
When you install IBM
Connections, the following work managers are automatically created for Search on each node in your deployment:
Handles the work involved in crawling the seedlists to persist them to disk.SearchDCSWorkManager
Handles the work for the file content retrieval and conversion task.SearchIndexingWorkManager
Handles the work involved in processing the entries in persisted seedlists into Lucene documents.
If you subsequently add a new node, you need to create these work managers manually. For more information about creating work managers, see the following web page: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.express.doc/info/exp/asyncbns/tasks/tasb_workmanager.html
To create work managers for Search, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Managing the Search application
Updating Search work manager settings
Configuring the number of crawling threads
Configuring the number of indexing threads
Adding an additional Search node to a cluster
- Open the IBM WebSphere® Integrated Solutions Console on the node where you want to create the work managers.
- Select Resources -> Asynchronous beans -> Work managers.
- Select the node where you want to create the work managers from the All scopes list and then click New.
- Enter one of the following display names in the Name field:
Table 1. JNDI Names
- Enter one of the following values in the JNDI Name field:
Table 2. JNDI Names
|Work manager||JNDI Name|
- Select all the options under Service names.
- Specify the following values under Thread pool properties:
Table 3. Thread pool property settings
|Thread pool property||Value|
|Number of alarm threads||5|
|Minimum number of threads||1|
|Maximum number of threads||10|
- Deselect the Growable check box and then click OK to save your configuration.
- Repeat steps 3-8 to create each of the three work managers required on the node.