About this task
Many strings in the IBM
source file, copying it into the corresponding subdirectory of the customization directory, and overwriting the key and value pair in the copied file with your custom text.
- You cannot use the customization debugging capability to test edited strings.
- To use the external resource bundle loader for adding and updating strings in the user interface, see Adding custom strings for widgets and other specified scenarios.
Parent topic: Customizing product strings
Determining where to save your customizations
Required post-customization step
Adding custom strings for widgets and other specified scenarios
Property file strings
- Determine the base directory where your customizations should go.
For more information, see Determining where to save your customizations.
- Copy and paste the file that you want to customize into the appropriate subdirectory of the customization root directory.
For a full list of the language codes supported by IBM Connections, see Language codes.
- Repeat the previous step until you have replaced all of the strings that you want to change.
- Using the WebSphere® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, restart the application associated with the file that you have changed.
- Test your changes by clearing your browser cache, and then refreshing the browser.
- See Required post-customization step for information about how to apply your changes permanently.