About this task
Using the Mobile Administration console, you can control which mobile devices can access your IBM
Connections servers. When users log in for the first time, they and their devices automatically have access. However, you can deny access to specific devices. Conversely, you restore access to devices that you previously blocked.
You would typically deny access to a device if it is lost but you believe that it might be found. If a device is irretrievably lost or stolen, you would deny access and also wipe Connections data from the device.
To deny access to a device, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the Mobile Admin console and click Device Security.
- Optional: Search for the device that you want to block:
- Select User Name, Device Name, or Device Id from the Filter menu.
- Enter search terms in the Enter the Search Terms box and press Enter or click the Search icon.
- Select the check box for the device that you want to block and click Deny Access.
Tip: You can configure multiple devices by selecting the check box for each device that you want to block.
- Confirm your choice. The view refreshes and the Access column displays Deny in the row for the blocked device. To see the full audit history of the device, click the row to display the Device Details for the device.
The blocked device can no longer log in to IBM
Connections. The user receives a message that the device is blocked.
What to do next
To restore access for a blocked device, select the check box for the device and click Allow Access
Parent topic: Configuring security for mobile