Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
Disabling the social analytics service automatically removes all the features provided by the service, including the social analytics widgets that are available in Profiles, Communities, and the Home page. The indexing process associated with the social analytics service is also disabled.
When you disable the social analytics service, the following widgets are removed from the user interface:
- Do You Know (Profiles)
- Recommendations (Communities)
- Recommendations (Home page)
- Who Connects Us? (Profiles)
- Things in Common
You disable the social analytics service by using wsadmin commands to set the sand.enabled and sand.ssl.enabled properties in the LotusConnections-config.xml
file to false. For more information about changing common configuration properties, see Changing common configuration property values
<sloc:static href="admin_replace" ssl_href="admin_replace"/>
To disable the social analytics service, complete the following steps.
- Use the wsadmin client to access and check out the IBM Connections configuration files:
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration file: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored. This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
- Enter the following command to check out the IBM Connections configuration files:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, type the following command while in the wsadmin command processor:print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Optional: If you want to find out the current value of a property, you can list the current configuration settings and values using the following command:
- To disable the social analytic service, enter the following commands:
What to do next
Check the configuration files back in during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out. For more information, see the Applying common configuration property changes
Parent topic: Customizing the deployment
Social analytics widgets
Excluding specific users from the social analytics service
Changing common configuration property values
Applying common configuration property changes
Common configuration properties