About this task
Users in IBM
Connections can click Bookmark or Discuss This
on any IBM
Connections page to install a Discuss This
button in their browser tool bar. When they click the button, the content of the current web or IBM
Connections page is added to a forum topic. The user can then choose a forum they have access to, and add the topic to that forum.
configuration property allows you to enable a similar Discuss This
button on every forum topic page. The button allows users to post the topic as a new topic in a forum in a different IBM
Connections deployment which you specify in the discussThis.targetBookmarklet
For example, you might have two IBM
Connections deployments in your enterprise, A and B. You want users in deployment A forums to be able to post topics to deployment B forums. You would check out the forums-config.xml document in deployment A, and specify the server address where you can access the forums application in B. When a user opens a forum page in deployment A and clicks the Discuss This
link, they can select the target forum on deployment B from the pop-up dialog. If the user is not logged into deployment B, they are prompted to log in before they can post the new topic. In order for the Discuss This
link to display in the topic page, the user must be a member of the group that the discussThis-user J2EE role on deployment A is mapped to (the default is Everyone
Parent topic: Administering Forums
Changing Forums configuration property values
- On the Forums server in IBM Connections deployment A, check out forums-config.xml. See Changing Forums configuration property values.
- Run the following command in the wsadmin client to enable the feature:
- Run the following command in the wsadmin client to specify the server address where you can access the forums application in deployment B:
- Check in forums-config.xml.
- Restart the Forums application.