About this task
To begin configuring security management for the Mobile application, you need to enable the MobileAdmin settings and then map a user to the Mobile administrator role.
The Mobile Admin console is located at https://host
- host is the full host name or IP address of your IBM Connections deployment.
- port is the port number for SSL traffic.
To enable mobile security management, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: Configuring security for mobile
Changing Mobile configuration property values
Mobile configuration properties
- Set the value of the MobileAdmin property in the mobile-config.xml file to true. For more information about editing the Mobile configuration file, see the Changing Mobile configuration property values and Mobile configuration properties topics.
Important: If your mobile security management service is deployed on a different domain than IBM Connections, update the ServiceLocation property with the address of the domain that hosts the security management service.
- Log in to the WebSphere® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console on the Deployment Manager.
- Select Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Click the link to the Mobile Administration application.
- Click the Security role to user/group mapping link.
- Select the check box beside the admin role and then click Map Users.
- In the Search String box, type the name of the person whom you would like to set as an administrator, and then click Search. If the user name exists in the LDAP directory, it is found and displayed in the Available box.
- Select the name from the Available box and then move it into the Selected column by clicking the right arrow button.
- Click OK.
- From the Enterprise Applications -> <application> -> Security role to user/group mapping page, click OK and then click Save.
- Synchronize and restart all your WebSphere Application Server instances.
- Verify that the mapped user has access by logging into the Mobile Admin console at https://host:port/mobileAdmin/login.