About this task
When you follow a blog, you receive notifications about the latest updates to the blog. This is similar to getting a feed from this blog but the notifications are delivered to the Notifications section of your Home page, rather than to an external feed reader. Anyone can follow a public blog. You can also follow community blogs without being a community member, as long as the community is publicly accessible.
When you are already following a community, you do not need to follow its blog separately; updates about the community blog are automatically included when you follow the parent community.
Perform any of these action to follow or stop following a blog:
- To follow a public blog, open the blog and click Follow this Blog.
- To follow a community blog, open the community and click Follow this Community.
Note: If you open the community blog from the Blogs application, you can follow the blog by selecting Following Actions -> Follow this Community.
- Keep track of blog activity from the Home page by selecting the I'm Following view on the Updates page.
- To stop following a public blog, open the blog and click Stop Following this Blog.
- To stop following a community blog, open the blog and click Stop Following this Community.
Note: If you open the community blog from the Blogs application, you can stop following the blog by selecting Following Actions -> Stop Following this Community.