About this task
Other than administrators, only the users assigned to the community-metrics-run
role can access community metrics of the communities they own. Users with this level of access see static reports, which can be refreshed by clicking the Update
button in the Metrics user interface. You can map this role to everyone, or to subset of the user population. For example, you can gradually provide the community metrics feature to the user population by mapping this role to small group first, and then adding more users to the role over time.
Parent topic: Configuring Cognos Business Intelligence
Previous topic: Granting access to global metrics
Next topic: Configuring the IBMConnectionsMetricsAdmin role on Cognos
- On the Deployment Manager, log in to the Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere® administrator.
- In the navigation tree, click Applications -> WebSphere enterprise applications -> Metrics -> Security role to user/group mapping.
- In the roles table, click the check box next to the community-metrics-run role.
- Still in the table, click the Map Users button or the Map Groups button.
Use Map Users to add individual users to the role; user Map Groups to add user groups to the role.
- Add one or more users or groups to the community-metrics-run role.
- Click OK.
- Save the change to the master configuration by clicking the Save link in the "Messages" box at the beginning of the page.
- Add the same users or groups to the community-metrics-run role of Communities applications.
- Synchronize all nodes in the cell to the Deployment Manager, and then restart the node agents:
- On the navigation tree, click System Administration -> Nodes.
- Click the Full Resynchronize button in the table.
- Return to the navigation tree and click System Administration -> Node agents.
- In the nodes table, click the box in front of each node.
- Click the Restart button in the table.