Before you begin
You can only import community members when email is configured to be displayed for your deployment. If your administrator has configured email to be hidden, then the Import Members
button does not display in the user interface.
Verify with your administrator that your community has not reached the maximum number of members that can be added.
To import members into a community, complete the following steps.
- Open the Members page of the community where you want to import the members.
- Click Import Members.
- Ensure that Add people to the community as is selected.
- Select a membership role for the new members from the Add people to the community as list. All the members are given the same role.
- Do one of the following:
- To import people using their email addresses:
- Select Enter comma-separated email addresses.
- Enter the email addresses of the people that you want to import and click Import.
Important: The email address format must match the format of the profile records in the LDAP directory or Profiles database. If you use an invalid email address, that is, one that does not match the format used in the profile records, an error is displayed in the user interface.
To import members from a comma-separated value (CSV) file:
Parent topic: How do I add community members?
Exporting community membership
Adding members with similar interests to your community
Accepting membership requests
- Click Select a CSV file of email addresses.
- Click Browse to locate the CSV file containing the information that you want to import, and then click Import.