Making web pages into forum topicsAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can install a browser toolbar button that creates a forum topic from whatever web page you are currently viewing.
- Open the Forums application and click the Bookmark or Discuss This link at the bottom of the page.
Note: You can also add an Add Bookmark browser button, which will allow you to add a bookmark to the web page. For more information on the Add Bookmark button, see the Bookmarks help.
- Follow the instructions for installing the Discuss This button.
- Visit a web page that you want to post as a forum topic, and click the Discuss This toolbar button.
- Find a forum to add the web page to, and make any edits you want:
- In the Forums field, narrow the scope to public forums, or forums you own, are a member of, or are following.
- In the Forum name field, start typing a name to find the forum you want.
- Edit the title of the new topic, add any comments, and edit the content if you want.
- Select Pin this to pin the topic so it displays at the top of the list of topics in the forum.
- Click Save.
The new topic is posted to the forum you selected.
What to do next
If you see a Discuss This
link in forum topics (as opposed to the Bookmark or Discuss This
link at the bottom of the page), that allows you to post the current topic as a new topic in a different forum.