Managing community eventsAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Depending on your access level, you can work in different ways with the events that members have added to the community.
Before you begin
To edit or delete the events that are flagged in the community calendar, you must be a community owner or a community member with Author access to the Events widget. Community members can only edit or delete events that they created themselves. Community owners can edit or delete any event in the Events widget.
By default, all logged in users that can access the community can add comments to an event entry. Only a community owner or the comment writer can delete a comment.
A community owner or member can send invitations to interested community members about events.
Parent topic: Scheduling community events
- To manage a community event, select Calendar from the community navigation, expand an event entry in the Events view, and do one of the following:
- To attend the event, click Attend.
- To see a list of others that are attending, scroll to the People Attending section.
- To update the details of an event, click Edit, update the title, date, duration, location, or description of the event, and then click Save.
- To follow a community event, click Follow.
- To delete an event that occurs only once, click More Actions -> Delete and then click Delete again.
- To delete an event that repeats, click More Actions -> Delete, specify whether you want to delete the selected instance or the entire series, and then click Delete again.
- To add a comment click Add a comment and enter you comment. Click Save when you have finished.
- To delete a comment, click Delete, and then click Delete again.
- To invite community members to an event, click More Actions -> Notify Other People, select the community members, enter a message to accompany the invitation, and then click Notify.