Modifying report labelsAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|In the Metrics user interface, a report is identified with a text label. You can change a report’s label by modifying the text label by modifying the reports-config.xml file.
About this task
You can customize the labels associated with reports by editing the reports-config.xml
file and modifying the value specified for the label property. You can modify an existing label property by assigning a new value to it, or you can create a new label property with its own value.
Parent topic: Modifying reports
- On the computer where Cognos® BI Server is installed, open the reports-config.xml file for editing.
The file is typically located in the following directory:
- In the reports-config.xml file, locate the section that represents the report you want to modify.
The description for each report begins with an XML entry
tag that specifies the report ID and label.
<entry id="customized_report" type="report" label="CUSTOMIZED_REPORT_LABEL">
- Modify the report’s label by replacing the text value specified for the label property.
<entry id="customized_report" type="report" label="Type a label for the report here">
- Save and close the file.
- Refresh the browser before viewing the report to verify the new label.
There is no need to restart the Cognos BI Server.
- If you added a new label, make sure that the new property is defined either in the shipped resource bundle (for example, if it is already used in another standard report) or in the customization bundle file.
For example, if you created a new label value called CUSTOMIZED_REPORT_LABEL
, you should define this value in the string customization properties file as CUSTOMIZED_REPORT_LABEL=customized report
. The customization properties file is stored in the following location: ..\IBM\LotusConnections\data\shared\customization\strings\com.ibm.connections.metrics.ui.strings.ui.properties
Refer to Customizing product strings
for more information about strings customization.