Optional: creating a list of supported Lotus Quickr servers for CommunitiesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can provide a list of the supported IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ servers to the proxy server to ensure that it honors any requests made for access to one of the supported Lotus Quickr servers. This is an optional task.
Before you begin
You must have Lotus Quickr
deployed in your enterprise before you can perform this procedure. You must also have administrative access to the IBM WebSphere
® Application Server where the Communities application is installed.
Parent topic: IBM Connections Connector for Lotus Quickr
- Go to the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console for the server hosting the Deployment Manager.
- Expand Resources -> Resource Environment, and then click Resource Environment Providers.
- Click QuickrWhitelistProvider from the list, and then click Custom properties.
- Create one custom property for each Lotus Quickr server that you want to enable users to access. To create a custom property, enter values in the following fields:
If you upgraded a stand-alone deployment which was already configured to integrate with Lotus Quickr
to a network deployment, you must recreate these custom properties for the provider on the cluster's cell. The custom properties must be redefined because they are lost when you federate the node into a cluster.
Create a property name that begins with the term allow
. For example:
Specify the fully qualified domain name of the Lotus Quickr server or its IP address. Do not specify the protocol, nor any port numbers.
To enable users to access several servers within a specific domain, specify the parent domain in this field. You must start the string with a period (.). For example, if you were to specify .example.com, the proxy would allow the file to be published to all the servers that are available from subdomains of example.com.
Important: The provider does not convert IP addresses to domain names nor the other way around. If the server is requested using both identifiers, create two properties: one property that specifies the domain name in the value field and one that specifies the IP address in the value field.
- Repeat the previous step for every Lotus Quickr server that you want to add to the list of supported servers.