Before you begin
You must be logged in to Profiles to post a message or comment to someone's profile.
Your administrator controls who can write on a person's recent updates area. When you view another person's profile, if you do not see the option to post a message or comment, then you do not have access to write in that person's recent updates area.
About this task
Every Profiles user has a recent updates area on their profile page that displays their status messages, as well as other information such as certain actions and updates of contacts whom they follow. You can communicate with your colleagues by posting a message or comment on their profile page. The profile owner receives an email notification whenever a message or comment is posted to their profile.
- To post a message to another user's profile page:
To post a comment to another user's profile:
- On the person's profile page, click inside the message field in the Recent Updates area, where What are you working on right now? is displayed.
- Enter your message, and then click Post.
Parent topic: What is the Recent Updates area?
Removing messages or comments from your profile page
Updating your status message
- Locate the message or comment to which you want to respond and do one of the following:
- If you are responding to a message, click Comment under the message.
- If you are responding to a comment, click Add a comment under the comment.
- Enter your reply in the field provided, and then click Post.