Purging specific forum content from the trashAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use administrative commands to permanently delete a specific forum or forum topic by removing it from the trash. You do not need to check the Forums configuration file out or restart the server when using these commands.
Before you begin
To use administrative commands, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
To purge specific forum content from the trash, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Managing forum trash
Starting the wsadmin client
Moving forums to the trash
Deleting topics from forums
Filtering lists of forums
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the Deployment Manager:
is the WebSphere
® Application Server installation directory and dm_profile_root
is the Deployment Manager profile directory, typically dmgr01.
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly. For more information, see Starting the wsadmin client
- Start the Forums Jython script interpreter using the following command:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored.
- To get a list of the deleted forum content currently in the trash, use the following commands.
Retrieves a list of the deleted forums currently in the trashForumsTrashService.fetchTopicsTrash()
Retrieves a list of the deleted forum topics currently in the trash.ForumsTrashService.fetchForumsTrashByDate(String modifySince)
Retrieves a list of the forums that were deleted on a specific date.
This command takes the following parameter:
A string that specifies the date when the forum was deleted in yyyy.MM.dd format.
- Identify the forum or forum topic that you want to purge from the trash. See Filtering lists of forums for more information about how to narrow down a list of forums.
- To delete a specific forum or forum topic from the trash permanently, use the following commands.
Purges the specified forums from the trash, where you specify the forums that you want to delete using the hashtable
Purges the specified forum topics from the trash, where you specify the topics that you want to delete using the hashtable