Before you begin
Only perform this procedure if you are using the version of DB2
that was included with IBM
Connections. If you installed IBM
Connections and DB2
from the product DVD, the license key was already provided.
If you used DB2
with an earlier version of IBM
Connections, your installation of DB2
is already registered and you can skip this task.
before beginning this task but do not create any application databases until after you have completed this task.
About this task
To register the DB2
product license key, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the IBM Passport Advantage web site and log in.
Note: If you installed IBM Connections and DB2 from the product DVD, the license key was already provided. You can skip Steps 1-3 and begin at Step 4 .
- Choose Find by Part Number and search for part number CZ381ML.
- Download the part and extract the DB2_ESE_Restricted_QS_Activation_97.zip file, making a note of the download location.
- Log into DB2 using an ID with SYSADM authority.
- Open a command prompt, change to the directory where the license file is stored, and run the following command:
On the DVD image, the license is stored in the DB2.License
db2licm -a path_to_lic_file/db2ese_o.lic
is the directory to which you extracted the db2ese_o.lic
For more information about using the db2licm command, see the DB2 information center
- Verify that the license is registered by running the following command:
If the license is correctly registered, the details of your DB2 installation are displayed.
- Restart DB2.
What to do next
Create your IBM
Connections application databases.
Parent topic: Creating databases
Creating multiple database instances
Creating a dedicated DB2 user
Configuring the DB2 databases for unicode
Creating databases with the database wizard
Creating databases with SQL scripts
Enabling NO FILE SYSTEM CACHING for DB2 on System z