Before you begin
The procedure described here applies to non-sprited images only. For information about how to make changes to sprited images in IBM
Connections, see Customizing sprited images
- Copy the image that you want to replace and paste it to a new location.
Tip: To find the source file for the image that you want to change, use one of the web inspector tools listed in Customization best practices to inspect the image. The image name displays in the img tag. If the image is sprited, you can see the class that has the image or icon
- Open the copied image file and update it as needed.
- Replace the original image with your new image by saving the updated file into the images subdirectory of the appropriate customization directory.
See Determining where to save your customizations for more details about customization directories.
- Optional: To change the size of the image, do one of the following:
Stop and restart the Common.ear file in order to pick up the CSS changes.
Test whether your custom image is being displayed successfully by refreshing the web browser and opening the page where the image is displayed.
See Required post-customization step for information about how to update the product version stamp and ensure that your users see the changes the next time that they log in to IBM Connections.
- If the dimensions of the image are specified in a CSS file, update the CSS file to customize the dimensions of the image.
- If the dimensions of the image are specified in a JSP or HTML file, update the relevant JSP or HTML file to customize the dimensions of the image.
For an example of how to replace images in IBM Connections, see Changing the IBM Connections logo
, which details how to replace the logos that are used in the product.
Parent topic: Customizing images
Customization best practices
Enabling and disabling customization debugging
Determining where to save your customizations
Required post-customization step
Customizing sprited images
Changing the IBM Connections logo