About this task
If the fix pack that you installed is not working, you can roll back your deployment to the previous configuration.
To uninstall a fix pack in console mode, complete the following steps:
- Stop all clusters and node agents in your deployment but leave the Deployment Manager running.
- Open a command prompt and change to the IM_root/eclipse/tools directory.
- Start IBM Installation Manager by running the following command:
In the console window, type 4.
Select the fix pack that you want to roll back and then type 'N' to proceed.
Review the information that you entered. To revise your selections, press B. To roll back the update, press R.
When the rollback finishes, type F to exit IBM Installation Manager.
- AIX or Linux: ./imcl.sh -c
- Windows 32-bit: ./imcl.exe -c
To check the details of the uninstallation, open the log files in the connections_root/logs
directory. Each IBM
Connections application that you uninstalled has a log file, using the following naming format: application_nameUninstall.log
, where application_name
is the name of an IBM
Connections application. If you added new applications, check the application_nameInstall.log
file as well. To check the details of updated applications, open the application_nameUpdate.log
Parent topic: Uninstalling fixes