Before you begin
Create a response file for this task by running a simulated rollback. For more information, see the Creating a response file
Instead of generating a new response file, you can edit the default response file that is provided with the product. However, if you edit the default response file, you need to add encrypted passwords to the file. For more information, see the Creating encrypted passwords for a response file
About this task
A silent rollback uses a response file to automate the removal of a fix pack.
To change the paths to the response file and log file, edit the lc_install.ini
To perform a silent rollback, complete the following steps:
- Stop all clusters and node agents in your deployment but leave the Deployment Manager running.
- Open a command prompt and change to the IBM® Installation Manager directory. The default location is:
Run the following command to start IBM Installation Manager:
- AIX® or Linux®: /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse
- Windows®: C:\Program Files\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse
- AIX or Linux: ./IBMIM --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input connections_root/silentResponseFile/rollback_file.rsp -log ./rollback.log
- Windows: .\IBMIMc.exe --launcher.ini silent-install.ini -input connections_root\silentResponseFile\rollback_file.rsp -log .\rollback.log
where rollback_file is the name of your response file. The default rollback response file is lc_rollback.rsp.
When the installation is complete, restart the clusters and node agents and synchronize the nodes.
Check the rollback.log
file for errors and repeat this task if necessary.
Parent topic: Uninstalling fixes
Rolling back a fix pack in interactive mode
Creating a response file
Creating encrypted passwords for a response file