Keyboard navigation for Search
® Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, press Alt+Shift to activate the access key. For example, pressing Alt+Shift+A skips the focus to the Activities
tab when you are on the Search Results page.
To access the Advanced Search page, use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Focus on the Search menu by navigating to it using the Tab key, or by using virtual PC cursor mode.
- Press Enter to open the Search menu.
Note: JAWS users must turn off virtual PC cursor mode to activate the Search menu.
- Use the Down Arrow to navigate to the Advanced option.
- Press Enter to select the Advanced option.
To submit a search on the Advanced Search page, ensure that the focus is on the Search
button and press Enter.
Use the keyboard shortcuts listed in the following table to navigate and work with your search results.
Table 1. Keyboard shortcuts for navigating the Search Results page
|Display search results from Activities.||A|
|Display search results from Blogs.||B|
|Display search results from Communities.||C|
|Display search results from Bookmarks.||D|
|Display search results from Files.||F|
|Display search results from Forums.||G|
|Display all search results.||N|
|Display search results from Profiles.||P|
|Display search results from Status Updates.||S|
|Display search results from Wikis.||W|
|Select a search result (the focus must be on the search result).||Enter|
To navigate the tag collection:
- When it is displayed as a cloud, pressing the Tab key gives focus to the first tag in the cloud. Use the arrow keys to move directly to the tag that you want to select, and then press Enter.
- When it is displayed as a list, pressing the Tab key gives focus to the first tag in the list. Use the arrow keys to move down the list to the tag that you want to select, and then press Enter.
To use the People
slider, skip the focus to the slider and press the Left Arrow and Right Arrow keys to adjust the size of the display.