Searching knowledge basesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can often find solutions to problems by searching IBM® knowledge bases. Learn how to optimize your results by using available resources, support tools, and search methods and how to receive automatic updates.
Available technical resources
In addition to this product documentation, the following technical resources are available to help you answer questions and resolve problems:
Searching with support tools
The following tools are available to help you search IBM
- IBM Support Assistant (ISA) is a free software serviceability workbench that helps you resolve questions and problems with IBM software products. Instructions for downloading and installing the ISA can be found on the ISA web site: www.ibm.com/software/support/isa/
- IBM Software Support Toolbar is a browser plug-in that provides you with a mechanism to easily search IBM support sites. You can download the toolbar at: www.ibm.com/software/support/toolbar/.
The following resources describe how to optimize your search results:
Receiving automatic updates
You can receive automatic updates in the following ways:
- My support. To receive weekly email notifications regarding fixes and other support news, follow these steps:
RSS feeds. For information about RSS, including steps for getting started and a list of RSS-enabled IBM web pages, visit www.ibm.com/software/support/rss/
- Go to the IBM Software Support web site at www.ibm.com/software/support/.
- Click My support.
- If you have already registered for My support, sign in and skip to the next step. If you have not registered, click Register now. Complete the registration form using your email address as your IBM ID and click Submit.
- Click Edit profile.
- Click Add products and choose a product category; for example, Software. A second list is displayed.
- In the second list, select a product segment; for example, Data & Information Management. A third list is displayed.
- In the third list, select a product subsegment, for example, Databases. A list of applicable products is displayed.
- Select the products for which you want to receive updates.
- Click Add products.
- After selecting all products that are of interest to you, click Subscribe to email on the Edit profile tab.
- Select Please send these documents by weekly email.
- Update your email address as needed.
- In the Documents list, select the product category; for example, Software.
- Select the types of documents for which you want to receive information.
- Click Update.
Parent topic: Troubleshooting checklist