Before you begin
To send a batch email inviting people to join a community, you must be a community owner or the member of a public community. Verify with your administrator that your community did not reach the maximum number of members and groups that can be added.
You can use the import tool to invite a group of people to join your community only when email is configured to be displayed for your deployment. If your administrator configured email to be hidden, then the Import Members
button does not display in the user interface.
You cannot resend or revoke batch community invitations.
To invite multiple people to join a community, complete the following steps.
- Open the Members page of the community that you want to invite people to join.
- Click Import Members.
- Select Invite people to the community.
- Do one of the following actions:
- To invite people using their email addresses:
- Select Enter comma-separated email addresses.
- Enter the email addresses of the people that you want to invite, and click Import.
Important: The email address format must match the format of the profile records in the LDAP directory or Profiles database. If you use an invalid email address, that is, one that does not match the format used in the profile records, an error is displayed in the user interface.
To invite people using email details in a comma-separated value (CSV) file:
Parent topic: Inviting people to join a community
- Click Select a CSV file of email addresses.
- Click Browse to locate the CSV file containing the email addresses of the people who you want to invite, and then click Import.