About this task
When data about users and their devices reaches a defined age, you can purge it from the Mobile database. You can also purge audit events; that is, records of changes to user or device records.
When a user is purged from the database, all the user’s devices are also purged.
To set or change expiry limits, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: Configuring security for mobile
- Log in to the Mobile Admin console and click System Settings.
- Select the Enable System Settings check box, if it is not already selected.
- Enter a value for the number of days of inactivity for users in the Inactive User Reap Interval box. Any users who are inactive beyond this number of days of inactivity are purged from the database. The maximum value is 999. A value of zero means that the users are never purged from the database.
- Enter a value for the number of days of inactivity for audit events in the Audit Event Purge Interval box. Any audit events that are inactive beyond this number of days are purged from the database. The maximum value is 1500. A value of zero means that audit events are never purged from the database.
- Click Save to save your changes. Alternatively, click Refresh to discard your changes.