Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
Many commands ask for IDs as input parameters, such as library IDs, user IDs, policy IDs, and file IDs. You can use commands that take parameters you do know to return data including the ID you are looking for. For example, run WikisMemberService.getByEmail(string email) providing a user's email address and among the data returned is the user's ID. You can also find IDs using feeds. See the Lotus
® Connections API documentation for information on getting ID information using feeds.
About this task
You may want to set maximum sizes on media, pages, and attachments to control the size of these individual objects within the larger library size setting. See the topic Setting maximum sizes on libraries
for more information.
In Wikis, pages are a type of media, so the maximum setting for pages cannot be larger than the maximum setting for media. Attachments have no relationship to media or pages, and can be any maximum size, however if you let people attach very large files you must make sure that network and browser timeout settings allow users to download those large files.
Parent topic: Administering Wikis
Required post-customization step
Setting maximum sizes on libraries
Starting the wsadmin client
Applying Wikis property changes
- Start the wsadmin client.
- Start the Wikis Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Wikis configuration files:
If you are asked to select a server, you can select any server.
- Check out the Wikis configuration files using the following command:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Optional: To view the current configuration settings use the following command:
- To set a maximum size (in kilobytes) for media, pages, and attachments, use the following commands:
It is recommended that the attachment maximum size be below 2GB. Files larger than that are likely to reach browser or server limitations. The default maximum size for media is 512MB, pages 1MB, and attachments 75MB.
- You must check the configuration files back in after making changes, and they must be checked in during the same wsadmin session in which they were checked out for the changes to take effect. See the topic Applying Wikis property changes for details.