About this task
By default, seedlist requests time out after 240 seconds. This default setting overrides the timeout for server-to-server requests that is defined in the LotusConnections-config.xml
file, which is 60 seconds. You can override the default seedlist request timeout by creating a WebSphere
Application Server variable named SEARCH_SEEDLIST_TIMEOUT and setting the required value of the timeout in milliseconds.
Parent topic: Managing the Search application
Changing WebSphere Application Server environment variables
WebSphere Application Server environment variables
- Using an administrator ID, log in to the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Console associated with the profile to which you installed IBM Connections. If you installed the applications to multiple WebSphere Application Server profiles, log in to the console associated with the appropriate profile.
- Expand Environment and click WebSphere variables.
- Select the relevant cell from the Scope drop-down list and click New.
- Enter SEARCH_SEEDLIST_TIMEOUT in the Name field.
- Enter a value in milliseconds in the Value field.
- Enter a description of the variable in the Description field, and then click OK.
- Stop the affected servers and start those servers again to put the variable configuration change into effect.
If the change you made affects a node, you must stop and restart all of the servers on that node. Similarly if the change you made affects a cell, you must stop and restart all of the servers in that cell.
Note: For a high-availability deployment, stop and start the servers in turn to ensure that the Search application is still available to your users.