Sharing a file with additional people or communitiesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you have uploaded a file to the Files application, you can share it with other people and communities from Explorer.
About this task
When you share files, roles determine how others can interact with the file. Owners can share their files with people or communities. People can have Reader or Editor access to the file. Communities have Reader access. If you are connecting to an IBM
® Connections 4.0 server, communities can also have Editor access.
- Readers can read, comment on, download, and recommend a file, be notified of changes to the file, and share the file. They can add a file to one of their folders, or to a folder to which they have Contributor access.
- Editors can read, edit, comment on, download, recommend, upload a new version of, and set properties on the file. They can be notified of changes to the file, and share it. Editors can also add a file to a folder of theirs, or to a folder to which they have Contributor access.
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Windows Explorer
- Right-click the file in the IBM Connections section of Explorer and select Share.
- To share the file with everyone, select Public.
- To share with people or communities, select People or Communities and specify the people or communities you want to share the file with.
- Add an optional message to describe the file.
This message will be shared with the people or communities you specified.
- Click Share to share the file.
An email notification is sent to the people listed in the dialog.