Specifying the maximum number of search results per pageAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can update a property in the IBM Connections configuration file to specify the maximum size of a search results page.
About this task
The seedlistSettings.maximumPageSize property in the LotusConnections-config.xml
configuration file allows you to specify the maximum number of items to display on a search results page.
To specify the maximum number of search results per page, complete the following steps.
- Use the wsadmin client to access and check out the IBM® Connections configuration files:
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration file: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored. This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
- Enter the following command to check out the IBM Connections configuration files:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, type the following command while in the wsadmin command processor:print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Optional: If you want to find out the current value of a property, you can list the current configuration settings and values using the following command:
- Enter the following command:
is a number greater than or equal to 100.
What to do next
Check the configuration files back in during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out. For more information, see the Applying common configuration property changes
Parent topic: Managing the Search application
Applying common configuration property changes