Tagging profilesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add a tag to your own profile or to another person’s profile to identify a specific skill set or area of expertise. Profile tags should identify a person’s job role, skills, or interests. For example: loan-officer, human_resources, encryption, fly-fishing. When used correctly, they can help people learn about one another.
Before you begin
If your system administrator has enabled people tagging, you can tag yourself and others. You must be logged in to create or modify tags.
About this task
- Tags that you add to your own profile or to the profiles of others cannot be hidden or private. All tags are displayed in the profile tag collection and organizational tag collection.
- If multiple people assign the same tag to a profile, a number is displayed beside the tag to identify the number of times the tag has been assigned. You can click the number to display a list of the people who assigned that tag to the profile.
- Tags that you assign to a profile are listed separately from those that were assigned by others.
To tag a profile, complete the following steps.
- Open your own profile or the profile page of the person that you want to tag.
- Type a keyword into the tag field. The tag must be a single word only; it cannot contain spaces. You can use an underscore (_) or a hyphen (-) to specify multiple word phrases. Separate multiple tags with commas or spaces.
Tags are automatically converted to lowercase.
- Click the Add tags to this profile icon to add the tags to the profile.
What to do next
You can remove the tags that you added to another person's profile. Profile owners can remove any of the tags added to their profile, whether the tag was added by the profile owner or by someone else.
Using the Organization Tags collectionParent topic: Using
The organizational tags collection is displayed on the Directory page and contains the tags that have been assigned to peoples’ profiles the most often. From the search results view, it displays the tags that have been assigned to the profiles returned by the search.
Understanding profile tags
A tag is a descriptive keyword that you can assign to your profile to identify work activities, skills, or interests. For example: payroll
. If your system administrator has enabled it, you can also assign tags to other people's profiles as well.