Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
# for details.
About this task
You must ensure that the LotusConnections-config.xml
file contains the fully qualified DNS name of the host server for each of the IBM
Connections applications, and that it matches the domain name in the self-signed certificate used by the host server. This information is particularly important for inter-service processing tasks. For example, if a server's domain name is not configured correctly, problems might occur when a Search indexing task is executing and it attempts to crawl the specified target application's' secured seedlists. For more information, see the following web page: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/rsec_troublesso.html
To configure an inter-service URL for one of the IBM
Connections application servers:
Parent topic: Troubleshooting tips
Starting the wsadmin client
Common configuration properties
- Use the wsadmin client to access and check out the IBM Connections configuration files:
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration file: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored. This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
- Enter the following command to check out the IBM Connections configuration files:
- working_directory is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not run successfully.
- cell_name is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, type the following command while in the wsadmin command processor:print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Optional: If you want to find out the current value of a property, you can list the current configuration settings and values using the following command:
- Use the following command to replace the IP address for the specified host server with the fully-qualified DNS name or short DNS name for the server.
is one of the following:
is the full DNS name for the specified host server.
See Common configuration properties
for a complete list of editable properties.
- Save your changes and then check the configuration files back in using the following command:
Note: You must run the checkin during the same wsadmin session in which you ran the checkout command.
- To exit the wsadmin client, type exit at the prompt.
- Stop and restart all of the IBM Connections application servers.