Uninstalling a deployment before migrationAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Uninstall a deployment of IBM® Connections before migrating to a later version.
Before you begin
If you are installing IBM
Connections 4.0 side-by-side with your current deployment, you do not need to complete this task. However, if you are installing 4.0 on the same systems as 3.0.1, IBM
recommends that you uninstall the 3.0.1 deployment. You can migrate your 3.0.1 data to 4.0. For more information, see the Migrating to IBM Connections 4.0
Back up your current deployment. For more information, see the Backing up IBM Connections
About this task
To uninstall IBM
Connections, complete the following steps:
- Start the IBM WebSphere® Application Server Deployment Manager.
- Stop all instances of WebSphere Application Server, including node agents, in your deployment.
- Open a command prompt and change to the IM_root/eclipse directory.
- Start the installation wizard by opening the following file:
Select the IBM Connections package group and click Next.
Click Uninstall to begin uninstalling.
When the process is complete, restart the Deployment Manager.
Restart all instances of WebSphere Application Server, including node agents.
Synchronize the nodes.
To check the details of the procedure, open the log files in the connections_root/logs directory. Each IBM Connections application that you uninstalled has a log file that uses the following naming format: application_nameUninstall.log, where application_name is the name of an IBM Connections application.
If you plan to install IBM Connections 4.0 on the same server as the 3.0.1 deployment, remove the following files:
- AIX or Linux:
- Except where noted, remove these files from the system that hosts the Deployment Manager.
- Because some of these files might be used by other programs, it is possible that you are not allowed to remove all of the following files.
- You do not need to remove IBM Installation Manager files. These files might be associated with other IBM applications.
- IBM Connections installation files: connections_root
Note: If you did not install IBM Connections in the default directory, delete the directory where you installed the product.
- IBM Connections shared and local content stores. Before removing this data, migrate your 3.0.1 content stores. For more information see the Content store migration topic.
- IBM Connections configuration files: Delete the profile_root/config/cells/cell_name/LotusConnections-config directory, where cell_name is the name of your WebSphere Application Server cell.
- If it is present, delete the registry.xml file from the profile_root/config/cells/cell_name directory.
- Delete all .py files from the /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile_name/bin directory on the deployment manager server.
You uninstalled IBM
Parent topic: Migrating to IBM Connections 4.0
Previous topic: Migrating data from IBM Connections 3.0.1 databases
Next topic: Installing IBM Connections 4.0 for migration
Content store migration
Backing up IBM Connections