Uninstalling a deploymentAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Uninstall a deployment of IBM® Connections.
About this task
To uninstall IBM
Connections, complete the following steps:
- Start the IBM WebSphere® Application Server Deployment Manager.
- Stop all instances of WebSphere Application Server, including node agents, in your deployment.
- Open a command prompt and change to the IM_root/eclipse directory.
- Start the installation wizard by opening the following file:
Select the IBM Connections package group and click Next.
Click Uninstall to begin uninstalling.
When the process is complete, restart the Deployment Manager.
Restart all instances of WebSphere Application Server, including node agents.
Synchronize the nodes.
To check the details of the procedure, open the log files in the connections_root/logs directory. Each IBM Connections application that you uninstalled has a log file that uses the following naming format: application_nameUninstall.log, where application_name is the name of an IBM Connections application.
Optional: If you plan to reinstall IBM Connections, remove the following files:
- AIX or Linux:
- Except where noted, remove these files from the system that hosts the Deployment Manager.
- Because some of these files might be used by other programs, it is possible that you are not allowed to remove all of the following files.
- IBM Connections installation files: connections_root
Note: If you did not install IBM Connections in the default directory, delete the directory where you installed the product.
- IBM Connections shared data: Delete the directories that you specified for shared data when you installed IBM Connections.
- IBM Connections local data: On each node, delete the directories that you specified for local data when you installed IBM Connections.
Note: Deleting IBM Connections data files makes the original deployment unrecoverable. If you plan to reinstall IBM Connections and use your old data, do not delete the data files.
- IBM Connections configuration files: Delete the profile_root/config/cells/cell_name/LotusConnections-config directory, where cell_name is the name of your WebSphere Application Server cell.
- If it is present, delete the registry.xml file from the profile_root/config/cells/cell_name directory.
- Delete all .py files from the /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/profile_name/bin directory on the deployment manager server.
- Deleting IBM Connections data files makes the original deployment unrecoverable. If you plan to reinstall IBM Connections and use your old data, do not delete the data files.
- You do not need to remove IBM Installation Manager files. These files might be associated with other IBM applications.
Parent topic: Uninstalling IBM Connections
Uninstalling in console mode
Uninstalling in silent mode
Uninstalling: delete databases with the database wizard
Uninstalling databases in silent mode
Uninstalling: Manually drop databases
Reverting Common and WidgetContainer Applications for Uninstallation
You uninstalled IBM