Before you begin
You must ensure that the values of either the uid
or the email address
in the existing data source match those in the new deployment LDAP directory. If neither of these properties have matching values, you cannot use the scripts provided with IBM
® Connections to synchronize the IDs.
To use the scripts provided with IBM
Connections to synchronize the IDs and update Profiles, complete the following steps:
- Open the profiles_tdi.properties file from the IBM Tivoli® Directory Integrator directory on the system that hosts the Profiles application in a text editor, and edit the following properties to match the values of the corresponding properties in the LDAP system:
For more information about these properties and how they are used, see Tivoli Directory Integrator properties.
Ensure that the guid property in the map_dbrepos_from_source.properties file is set to the appropriate value for your environment:
Identify a database attribute, either uid or email, with the same value per member in the old LDAP deployment as in the and the new deployment, and then set the sync_updates_hash_field property in the profiles_tdi.properties file to this attribute. The names of the LDAP attributes are immaterial.
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server:
- IBM Lotus® Domino® Directory:
- Microsoft™ Active Directory:
- Sun Java™ System Directory Server:
- eNovelle System Directory Server:
Synchronize the data so that the values from the new LDAP deployment are updated in the Profiles database by running the following script:
- IBM AIX® or Linux™:
chmod +x sync_all_dns.sh
- Microsoft Windows™:
For more information about the properties that you can set when synchronizing LDAP data with Profiles, see Synchronizing LDAP directory changes with Profiles.
Parent topic: Managing user data using Tivoli Directory Integrator scripts
Mapping fields manually
Synchronizing source changes such as LDAP with Profiles
Tivoli Directory Integrator solution properties for Profiles
Batch files for processing Profiles data